The Music Education Hubs of Yorkshire and the Humber offer a rich and diverse range of high quality music making for children and young people.
We support hubs to increase the quality and level of their engagement with children and young people. We work with them to help improve outcomes in relation to their core roles as outlined in the National Plan for Music Education.
We work in partnership with Music Education Hubs individually and collectively as needed. Our work with Music Education Hubs includes:
– Sharing data and evidence to identify needs and gaps in provision.
– Supporting Music Education Hubs to encourage schools to engage with Artsmark as a tool for school improvement and make the most of their local Music Education Hub has to offer.
– Supporting Music Education Hubs to use Arts Award to drive and shape the co-creation of music education with schools and young people.
– Supporting hubs in giving recognition to important achievements and attributes of young musicians in leadership, teamwork, creativity, and self-reflection.
– Supporting hubs with governance, leadership development and capacity building.
– Assessing and improving quality of delivery, by providing guidance and support on quality assurance using the ACE Quality Principles.
– Developing broad strategic cross sector relationships and supporting hubs to play an active role in their respective local cultural education partnerships.
Through a partnership with Northern Ballet, pupils from Green Lane Primary School in Bradford were able to experience ballet for the first time and…
Brierley Church of England Primary became the first Artsmark school in Barnsley in 2015. As part of their journey they embarked upon an exciting…
The Early Years Creative Cookbook: Six recipes to inspire creative development in early years settings, collects creative development projects from West Yorkshire and presents…
After being awarded the accolade of ‘Good Practice Centre’ in 2014-15, Castaway Goole have continued to embed Arts Award across their provision. This case…
In 2018, IVE ran a filmmaking summer school with pupils from Temple Moor High School in Leeds and support from National Lottery Awards for all…Read More
What is Arts Award? Arts Award is a range of unique qualifications that support young people up to 25 to grow as artists and…Read More
Ofsted are in the process of revising their inspection framework and all indications suggest that the key focus in the future will be around…Read More