The Music Education Hubs of Yorkshire and the Humber offer a rich and diverse range of high quality music making for children and young people.
We support hubs to increase the quality and level of their engagement with children and young people. We work with them to help improve outcomes in relation to their core roles as outlined in the National Plan for Music Education.
We work in partnership with Music Education Hubs individually and collectively as needed. Our work with Music Education Hubs includes:
– Sharing data and evidence to identify needs and gaps in provision.
– Supporting Music Education Hubs to encourage schools to engage with Artsmark as a tool for school improvement and make the most of their local Music Education Hub has to offer.
– Supporting Music Education Hubs to use Arts Award to drive and shape the co-creation of music education with schools and young people.
– Supporting hubs in giving recognition to important achievements and attributes of young musicians in leadership, teamwork, creativity, and self-reflection.
– Supporting hubs with governance, leadership development and capacity building.
– Assessing and improving quality of delivery, by providing guidance and support on quality assurance using the ACE Quality Principles.
– Developing broad strategic cross sector relationships and supporting hubs to play an active role in their respective local cultural education partnerships.
Creative Philosophical Enquiry: 12 Tools for Talking and Thinking, A Guide for Teachers and Practitioners working with KS1-4 is a resource primarily aimed at…
St Bede’s and St Joseph’s in Bradford enter an entire year group through Arts Award Bronze every year. IVE spoke with the school to see…
We have produced a report on the topic of “Why do good and outstanding OFSTED schools demonstrate a creative mind set and an understanding…
IVE worked with Silverdale Primary Academy in Hastings on our Creativity for Teaching pilot. This case study records the impact that it had on…
CPD, CPDL or INSET – there are lots of names for continued development and it’s crucial for leaders to continue to develop their staff…Read More
A new open fund from Paul Hamlyn Foundation is an opportunity for arts organisations and primary schools in Yorkshire and the Humber to apply…Read More
A recent parliamentary roundtable aiming to answer the question “what do future governments need to do to ensure all children in primary schools have…Read More