The Music Education Hubs of Yorkshire and the Humber offer a rich and diverse range of high quality music making for children and young people.
We support hubs to increase the quality and level of their engagement with children and young people. We work with them to help improve outcomes in relation to their core roles as outlined in the National Plan for Music Education.
We work in partnership with Music Education Hubs individually and collectively as needed. Our work with Music Education Hubs includes:
– Sharing data and evidence to identify needs and gaps in provision.
– Supporting Music Education Hubs to encourage schools to engage with Artsmark as a tool for school improvement and make the most of their local Music Education Hub has to offer.
– Supporting Music Education Hubs to use Arts Award to drive and shape the co-creation of music education with schools and young people.
– Supporting hubs in giving recognition to important achievements and attributes of young musicians in leadership, teamwork, creativity, and self-reflection.
– Supporting hubs with governance, leadership development and capacity building.
– Assessing and improving quality of delivery, by providing guidance and support on quality assurance using the ACE Quality Principles.
– Developing broad strategic cross sector relationships and supporting hubs to play an active role in their respective local cultural education partnerships.
Stemming from an idea at their Artsmark Development Day, Gomersal Primary established a pupil led Arts Council which, together with a commitment from the…
Entries to Arts Subjects at Key Stage 4 a Report by Education Policy Institute seeks to provide clarity to debate surrounding the impact of…
Following much media attention, the story of Feversham Primary is now familiar to many. More music time improved behaviour and attainment across the school….
Creative Philosophical Enquiry: 12 Tools for Talking and Thinking, A Guide for Teachers and Practitioners working with KS1-4 is a resource primarily aimed at…
Ignite Yorkshire, a programme aiming to connect young people with Yorkshire’s industrial heritage, has completed its development phase, learning much about how young people…Read More
Being film and media literate in the 21st century is vital. Film education in schools is increasing pupil engagement, inspiring writing, improving literacy attainment…Read More
Recently, IVE began a pilot programme of CPD Twilights to improve creative education in schools. Known as “Creative Ideas for Curious Teachers” IVE Cultural…Read More