Our SPACE programme is an exciting opportunity for freelance creatives in Yorkshire and Humber to develop their practice and make a difference. You’ll work in partnership with an education or community setting to explore how creativity has the power to break down barriers, develop confidence, increase self-esteem, and provide children and young people with exciting, enriching experiences.
We believe the most effective partnerships are equal partnerships where freelance creative and education/community setting are collaborating to plan, deliver and review new creative approaches to teaching and learning. The first step on our SPACE programme is an event where schools, community settings and freelancers will get to meet several different people to find their perfect partnership. Being matched with a school or community setting is not guaranteed at this stage, as we’re likely to invite more freelancers than there are partnerships. For that reason, you’ll be paid for the event.
Once partnerships are confirmed and you’ve got to know each other, you’ll collaborate to design and deliver new and exciting creative approaches for the setting’s children and young people. Each partnership will be awarded £5000 to cover fees, resources, and materials for activities, taking place over a minimum of 12 days between November 2022 and March 2023.
SPACE partner settings information
• A Primary School in Barnsley with a high number of SEND
• A Primary School in Leeds with a high percentage of Free School Meals
• A Primary School in Doncaster with pupils with English as an Additional Language
• A Secondary School in East Riding with a high percentage of pupils eligible for Free School Meals
• An Alternative Provision in Leeds, supporting children and young people with Social, Emotional, Mental Health needs
• A Community group in Richmondshire, supporting young refugees, migrant and asylum seekers
• A Community group in North Yorkshire, supporting looked after children and children in care
• A Community group in York, supporting children and young people at risk of offending or who have offended
Monday 10th October: networking event at IVE (half-day): £125 + up to £20 travel
Freelance Creatives will be contracted by their partner setting for a minimum of 12 days (7hrs per day) + travel. This should include the induction day, collaborative planning and delivery, documenting and evaluating progress and impact and the sharing event. Monday 7th November: Induction and planning for all partnerships £250 + up to £20 travel
To apply you should,
• have proven track record, with at least 5yrs experience of working creatively with children and young people in education and/or community settings
• be open to working collaboratively in an equal partnership to devise and explore creative approaches to engage children and young people
• be curious and interested in developing their own skills and understanding of how children and young people learn.
• have an Enhanced DBS check and public liability insurance
1. Complete and submit your application by Thursday, 29th September 2022 (midday). You can do this by either
Submmiting a written application: please click here
Submmiting a short video or audio/voice recording.
Please answer the same questions outlined in the written application form if you choose to submit a video/audio recording. The video/audio recording should be no longer than 3 minutes: please email to email@example.com or upload via WeTransfer. Remember to change the privacy settings or let us know the password if there is one. Please contact us if you feel there is an application process we have not considered.
2. Complete and submit an equality and diversity monitoring form*: please click here
Completion of the equality & diversity form is voluntary and anonymous. We are keen to reach a broader audience and are collating this anonymous data to ensure that our application process is equitable and reaching underrepresented groups. Completion of the anonymous form does not bear any influence on the outcome of your application. Information submitted will be held for evaluation and analysis and will be deleted by March 2023.
|Application deadline||12:00 midday on Thurs 29 Sept|
|Successful applicants invited to 10 Oct||w/c 03 Oct|
|Launch event – you must be available for this date||10:00 – 13:00pm|
Mon 10 October at IVE HQ, Leeds
|SPACE partnerships confirmed||w/c 17 October|
|Induction and planning day – you must be available for this date.||10:00 – 16:00|
Mon 7 November at IVE HQ, Leeds
|Begin delivery (12 days min)*||November 22 – March 23|
|Sharing event||End of March 23|
If you have any questions please contact Isabelle Ashcroft, Senior Programme Coordinator at IVE: firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this opportunity early if we receive sufficient applications for the roles. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
I have been in the driving seat at IVE since 2016 and with the support of an amazing team of super-committed and talented colleagues…Read More
Having managed the Bridge programme for Arts Council England for more than a decade, IVE has been unsuccessful in its bid for National Portfolio…Read More
We are delighted to launch our fourth round of R&D micro-commissions for creative practitioners who work with children and young people. Our micro-commissions offer…Read More