Back to Search
Greentop Community Circus Centre
Greentop is a charity dedicated to promoting excellent circus that inspires young people, strengthens communities and develops artists. Working from our purposed fitted out circus centre in Brightside, we have over 20 years experience of professional circus training, youth circus and tailor made wellbeing programmes and events for schools, communities and business.
*Artsmark schools offer: 10% discount
**Remote delivery update: All our programmes for schools can be delivered remotely through online bite size skill videos, loaning you equipment and for bespoke programmes CPD for PE teaching staff and live Zoom feedback support.
In School: Circus is a really exciting way to engage young people, particularly those with different approaches to learning. Enjoyment, challenge and sense of wonder makes circus participation a unique way to develop physical and mental wellbeing, social and creative abilities, including trust, confidence and determination, and so improves children’s readiness to seize life chances.
Workshops available at our purpose-fitted centre or at your school:
- Single workshops – skills including tightwire, acrobatic balancing, juggling and stilt walking.
- Bespoke circus programme: tailor made to enrich particular curriculum areas PE and sports events, science, history, maths and music, or focus on particular soft skills or pupil groups .
- After school club /parent-family activities.
- CPD and interventions in assembly or performances. Outcomes can include certificates of achievement, photo opportunities and provision of equipment for ongoing activity.
Outside of school: A range of circus classes at Greentop in aerial skills, acrobatics and skills from juggling to wire walking for 3 – 18 years old . Classes take place in half term blocks in line with school terms:
- Weekly Classes: After school Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and all day Saturday
- Home Education Groups : Tuesdays 4 – 5.30
- Circus Minis: For 3 – 8 years Monthly: Sunday 9.30am -10.30am
- Spectrum Circus: Autism Friendly Classes fortnightly: Sunday 1.00 – 2.30pm 4 – 7 year olds 3.00 – 4.30pm 8 – 13 year olds
- Neighbourhood programme: For 8- 12 year olds in walking distance of Greentop’s Grimesthorpe base
- membership of Troupe ; Greentop’s performance company for 15 young aspiring performers aged 11–24 years, performing across the region on an outdoor aerial rig.
- Holiday programmes: including Two days of aerial trapeze and silks, acrobalance and circus skills.and 4 day make-a-show summer holiday programme.
- Community and family events: Greentop has a wide range of circus performers and tutors who can provide workshops and shows for family and children’s audiences for festivals, galas, parties and fun days.